Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Sr. Pastor
Work Hours: Part-time
Pay: Negotiable based on experience
Starting Date: September 2021
Send Resume To: Cory Arnold
Description: The Administrative Assistant will perform church administrative matters to allow the Pastoral Staff as much time as possible to perform their ministries. The assistant will also coordinate with the Communications Committee to implement the communication strategy at Grace BFC.
Administrative – 60%
- Cordially answer telephones and receive visitors
- Maintain church membership database (ServantKeeper) by keeping it up to date and using it to its full potential
- Maintain the events/activities/facilities calendar for the church
- Prepare daily and special event correspondence, maintain records (data entry) and provide support for Pastoral Staff as requested
- Perform any other related work as directed by the Sr. Pastor
Communication - 40%
- Assist in the development of quality print materials to communicate the Mission, Vision, ministries and serving opportunities of Grace BFC
- Assist in developing creative ways to communicate ministry opportunities to the congregation and connect people to those opportunities using brochures, promotional cards, in-service videos/commercials, social media etc.
- Assist in the process for internal, church-wide communication by
- preparing the Sunday bulletin, Weekly Update, monthly calendar, prayer sheets, etc.
- Assist in content management for the church website and app
Other Duties: Please note this job description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties,
or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Activities,
duties, and responsibilities are subject to change with the needs of the church.
- A love for Jesus Christ and godly character
- Willingness to join church community
- Interpersonal skills that enable effective collaboration with other staff
- Computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment including copiers, phones and the folding machine
- Efficient problem identification skills, analysis & effective problem-solving; initiative-taker
- Excellent proofreading and grammar skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Willingness to help develop the overall communication strategy for Grace BFC events, ministry programs, special services etc.
- Willingness to help develop and implement Grace BFC’s digital media strategy
- Prior experience as an Administrative Assistant or equivalent
This is a largely sedentary role; however, this role will require the ability
to reach, bend, stand, and lift up to 50lbs as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.